The FA - International Relations Lead - 2030 World Cup Bid Feasibility
|Hours of Work||Fixed Term Contract, Full-time|
|Salary & Benefits||What we can offer you: - An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation. - Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.|
|Closing Date||23 Sep|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
The Football Association and government partners of the UK and Ireland are undertaking feasibility work for a five-association bid for the 2030 FIFA World Cup. This work will run through until July 2022 by when it is anticipated FIFA will have formally opened the bidding process. An exciting opportunity has arisen to be an integral part of the team coordinating this work. Based out of Wembley, you will work with all partners to assess the feasibility of bidding to stage a FIFA World Cup which could provide an incredible opportunity to deliver tangible benefits in the UK & Ireland.
The role of International Relations Lead for the 2030 World Cup Bid Feasibility will be central to the project management and coordination of International Relations (IR) work during the feasibility stage of a UK & Ireland bid for the 2030 FIFA World Cup. This role will ensure the power of the partnership is realised through the provision of organisation, coordination and leadership in this area of work across five associations and their respective government authorities. Working closely with The English FA's IR team.
This is a Fixed Term contract, starting in December 2021 and ending in July 2022.
- Working closely with the Head of IR, plan the development of the international campaign to ensure bid representation at key events (e.g. fixtures, congresses,)
- Ensure robust budget management of the campaign budget,
- Prepare briefings and review content for key personnel in government authorities,
- Extensive travel with the IR team, where relevant, to support bid leadership on trips.
- Coordinate the International Working Group,
- Manage the IR Database ensuring it is kept live and relevant by all contributors,
- Work with colleagues to define best practice for Partner Nations,
- Develop a plan which harnesses the full power of the football and government partnership (Aid, FDI, Diaspora etc.)
- Work with colleagues and partners to develop and manage a comprehensive and integrated delivery plan for the IR function which includes engagement opportunities, recording of intelligence, modelling etc,
- Monitor progress against the delivery plan, providing regular updates for stakeholders and governance groups,
- Integrate the work and outputs of consultants into the overall IR project,
- Manage complex travel itineraries.
Event Management: (subject to a decision to bid)
- Support scoping for a launch event if the bid proceeds,
- Scoping a Qatar 2022 observer programme, specifically for partners.
- Procurement and ongoing contract management of a travel partner,
- Advise on potential Bid Ambassador appointments to ensure they resonate internationally.
What we are looking for:
- Attention to detail and pride in the presentation of outputs,
- Ability to write concise briefings, presentations and reports for a range of stakeholder audiences,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
Collaboration and Partnering:
- Proven skill in stakeholder management – both internal and external,
- Capable communicator with experience of working with C-Suite and senior management and dealing with sensitive and complex matters.
- Significant project management experience, including complex/multi-stakeholder projects,
- Experience of working in an international environment,
- Experience of International Relations in a sport environment,
- Working knowledge of international campaign activation,
- Experience of working with an ambassador programme is an advantage.