PERFORMANCE DIRECTOR - UK Athletics
|Location||Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom|
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||Commensurate with skills and experience|
|Closing Date||12 Jul|
British Athletics is seeking to appoint a Performance Director to lead a single athletics high performance and talent system within the UK.
The successful candidate will be joining the UK National Governing Body, in this new and expanded role, at the heart of a new joint vision and plan, shared with the governing bodies of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. 'An Athletics Nation' is our vision and plan to make sure that running, throwing, jumping and pushing is open and available to everyone.
THE ROLE PURPOSE
- To provide the vision, leadership and strategic direction for the UK Athletics High Performance System and its underpinning pathways, ensuring the sport has a strong sustainable pipeline of athletes and coaches who are able to deliver consistent medal success on a world stage in targeted major events within the next four years and beyond.
- To play an integral role establishing and overseeing a World Class Coaching & Learning System for the sport.
- Responsibility to develop and support a high performing team of Head Coaches (Olympic/Paralympic) and performance staff in the planning and implementation of their individual strategies designed to deliver sustainable success in the Paris Olympic/Paralympic cycle and beyond.
- As a member of the UK Athletics Senior Executive Leadership team, to actively contribute to the setting of the strategic and cultural direction of the organisation aligned to 'An Athletic Nation'
CANDIDATE ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- A background and recent experience of leading a team operating in high performance sport - demonstrating highly developed leadership and management skills with a proven record of establishing and maintaining a culture of collaboration, team working, innovation and support.
- Good working knowledge of the sport of athletics.
- A comprehensive understanding of coaching, sports science and medicine, international competition, talent pathways.
- Demonstrated experience of managing substantial budgets.
- Evidence of establishing a performance vision, culture and systematic approach to performance.
- Positive evidence of implementing performance management systems and tools.
- Experience of working with multiple partners, stakeholders and volunteers to achieve success.
- Understanding of Para sport
CANDIDATE ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Strategic thinker, able to create a vision and inspire its delivery.
- Confident with leading and managing change across a range of stakeholders, organisations and agencies.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills – communicates effectively, clearly and confidently in written, verbal and electronic forms.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, overlaid with high emotional intelligence.
- Evidence of self-awareness and flexibility in approach.
- A team player with an open and consultative style and approach.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Computer literate, in Office products, Windows, Databases
For the full candidate brief and details of how to apply, please visit https://careers.ukathletics.org.uk/job/125513
UKA encourages job applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective ofgender, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, pregnancy and maternity.