Mountain Training England - Non-Executive Director
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits|
|Closing Date||21 Mar|
Mountain Training England is seeking to recruit a new independent non-executive director to join its seven person board. The Board consists of a mix of independent directors and directors with sector-related knowledge and experience.
By independent we mean that applicants:
- will have an interest in walking or climbing; and
- will not have any current, direct involvement in the work of Mountain Training.
We're looking for people with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Expertise in diversity and inclusion
- Development of digital resources
- Understanding of charities and voluntary sector organisations
- Experience of collaborative partnership working
The role of the Board of Directors is to set the strategic direction of the organisation, to oversee the implementation of that strategy and to ensure that the organisation is governed to the highest standards.
Directors' Roles & Responsibilities
- Set the values of MTE with a clear vision and mission statement
- Set the strategy of MTE
- Oversee the work of the management team
- Risk management & monitoring of internal controls
- Finance planning and monitoring
- Policy framework
As well as the above collective duties, you will be expected to use your skills and experience to advise fellow Directors and the Member organisations.
For example, this may involve producing papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues and providing advice and guidance.
The Board of Directors of Mountain Training England meets four times a year. There are a further three meetings of Members per year. Meetings are usually held at the offices of the British Mountaineering Council in Manchester. For the last year all meetings have been held remotely via video conferencing. Once the pandemic restrictions ease the arrangements for future meetings will be reviewed. Directors also participate in sub-committees and special project groups such as the Finance sub-committee, the Course Providers Screening committee and Award Review groups.
Closing date for applications: midnight on Sunday 21 March 2021.
Interview date: A date in April to be confirmed. Interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype.
This appointment is to be confirmed by the members.
For more details and how to apply please download the recruitment pack from the website here.
|Interview Date||A date in April to be confirmed.|