HEAD COACH - OLYMPIC - UK Athletics
|Location||Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom|
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||Commensurate with skills and experience|
|Closing Date||12 Jul|
British Athletics is recruiting a Head Coach to lead the Olympic World Class Programme – a key component of the single athletics performance and talent system within the UK.
The successful candidate will be joining the UK National Governing Body, in this new role, at the heart of a new joint vision and plan, shared with the governing bodies in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. 'An Athletic Nation' is our vision and plan to make sure that running, throwing, jumping and pushing is open and available to everyone.
The British Athletics Head Coach – Olympic will be a key role in this new era for our sport. You will report to the Performance Director and be a key part of the Performance Leadership Team. You will have specific responsibility for setting and overseeing the delivery of the competition and training budget and plan for non-disabled athletes at the highest level, delivering the British Athletics Olympic World Class Programme (WCP), focussed on the GB&NI senior teams at major championships with a view to achieving success at European, World Championships and the Olympic Games in 2021 and beyond.
THE ROLE PURPOSE
- Responsible for leading the World Class Performance (WCP) and national senior teams at major championships with a view to achieving success at European Athletics Championships, World Athletics Championships and the Olympic Games in 2021 and beyond.
- To manage and maintain productive relationships with the coaches of the GB&NI athletes.
- Implement the WCP strategic plan, while maintaining connectivity with the other parts of the High Performance System
CANDIDATE ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience of successfully coaching athletics and achieving world class performances at international events and championships.
- Experience in collating and analysing data associated with performance sports programmes, to improve athlete performance.
- Demonstrated effective planning, implementation and management of major projects, programmes or services for the enhancement of a National Governing Body or similar sized organisation.
- Proven experience of developing, leading and managing successful teams.
- Experience of managing and prioritising budgets.
CANDIDATE ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of the full range of coaching and support services required to support athletics high performance programmes.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of national and international athletics.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to effectively plan, implement, manage and balance a complex programme of work within agreed timelines.
For the full candidate brief and details of how to apply, please visit https://careers.ukathletics.org.uk/job/125520
UKA encourages job applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, pregnancy and maternity.