English Institute of Sport - Performance Lifestyle Advisor (England Netball)
|Hours of Work||Part Time|
|Salary & Benefits||£26,529 - £33,569 p.a. pro rat|
|Closing Date||01 Oct|
Grade: Level 2 (All Sciences)
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties. This will involve a minimum of 2 days per week and will include working outside normal office hours at evenings and weekends and on Public Holidays.
Location: This role will be based at EIS Loughborough site. However on occasions travel and/or virtual delivery will be required to reach players nationally / internationally whilst the athletes are in their club environment and whilst on camps/competitions.
INTERVIEW DATE: 20th or 21st October 2021
ROLE SUMMARY - PERFORMANCE LIFESTYLE ADVISOR WITH ENGLAND NETBAL
This role will provide the delivery and strategic development of Performance Lifestyle support to England Netball athletes, complimenting the objectives of England Netball, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
In this role your Performance Lifestyle delivery will be focused on providing support to Roses Programme athletes whilst they are both in a centralised training programme and remotely when athletes are in their clubs environments.
As a member of the Performance Lifestyle team at the EIS you will contribute to knowledge development, aggregation and sharing across the organisation to support the development of world class Performance Lifestyle services and practice.
All Performance Lifestyle practitioners, as with any other EIS practitioners, are expected to work within the HCSI Professional Code of practice to ensure the highest standards of practice are met at all times. In addition, Performance Lifestyle has internal professional standards known as SAFE2PRACTICE and every member of the team is expected and supported to uphold our responsibilities for the benefit of the athletes and sports we serve, our professional community, our organisation and GB high performance system stakeholders.
England Netball in conjunction with the EIS are committed to the personal development of the practitioner within the role.
PERFORMANCE LIFESTYLE DELIVERY PRINCIPLES
As a Performance Lifestyle Advisor for the sport, you will work with the Performance Lifestyle Technical Lead and the relevant programme manager to set objectives, aimed at developing and providing impactful, caring, Performance Lifestyle support to the players whilst developing and enhancing the performance potential of the athletes.
Performance Lifestyle works with a person first approach, to provide an individual service to identified Roses athletes working towards the Commonwealth Games 2022 and beyond, that centres upon:
- Supporting athletes from a lifestyle perspective as they transition on to, through and from the the England Roses Programme – to include
- the provision of proactive exit support for athletes leaving the programme for up to 6months after funding cessation
- Proactively engaging athletes in future life planning and career development, with the emphasis on early intervention and continued personal and professional development throughout their time on the programme
- Promoting the Performance Lifestyle More2Me initiative
- Supporting and encouraging effective management of the balance between sporting and non-sporting commitments, to protect and enhance performance potential. To include:
- Encouraging and facilitating dual career aspiration by creating a Dual Career Development Environment
- Establishing and maintaining university and other providers networks and partnerships
- Supporting athletes to establish academic and work flexibility
• Providing Holistic Athlete support (including mental health, well-being, personal and emotional support) to include:
- Promoting the importance and impact of athletes creating and developing broader identities and interests beyond their sport in maintaining personal well-being
- Providing a safe, impartial and where appropriate confidential space to support athletes – sign posting and referring onward as appropriate to safeguard the welfare and well-being of the athlete
- Promoting awareness and educating Netball players about the Mental Health strategy within England Netball
- Contributing to the delivery of the Mental Health strategy to include engagement with wellbeing working group and support to the continuation of the Mental Health Champions system
- Working in partnership with athletes and high performance stakeholders to support and encourage a culture that delivers performance and responsibly cares for its people
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation
WHY WORK FOR US?! Take a look....
The EIS is a dynamic, growing and fast-moving organisation that will offer you a flexible, positive, stimulating and challenging work environment with real opportunities to make the best better. Working for the English Institute of Sport brings its rewards not only in its salary and benefits package, but also in the opportunities for learning and career development
Our generous benefits package includes:
- 29 days paid holiday per year (pro rata for part time roles) plus 8 bank holidays
- Membership of EIS's Occupational Sick Pay Scheme from your first day of employment
- Automatic entry into BUPA health cash back plan for day to day expenses like dentist, eye tests, physio, etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounts on Shopping, Entertainment, Travel and Lifestyle services through our Benefits portal
We are committed to creating an even more diverse and inclusive workforce that will bring different perspectives to our work. So that we can more closely reflect UK society, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups including Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds, those with a disability or long-term health condition and people returning to work after a career break.
We also understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance, so all of our roles are open to flexible working and, in many cases, remote-working too. We ask only that you work with us to find an arrangement that meets our sports and business needs and enables you to perform the role in full, in a way that works for both of us.
|Interview Date||Interview Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021|