England Athletics - Club Standards and Compliance Officer
|Hours of Work||Full-Time|
|Salary & Benefits||£25,000 per annum.|
|Closing Date||17 Sep|
England Athletics is the membership and development body for athletics and running in England. We work in partnership with the wider athletics family, especially our member clubs and bodies, UK Athletics, Sport England & commercial partners, to grow opportunities for everyone to experience our sport and to enable them to reach their full potential. England Athletics also provides national level competition and is responsible for athlete development beneath world class performance level.
England Athletics is a membership organisation with c1,600 member clubs/bodies and c140,000 registered athletes, which exists to provide services and support to its members and to promote and deliver athletics and running activities across all ages, event disciplines, ability levels and aspirations. There are also more than 7m who run each month in England, 3,998 licensed road races and 149,000 active RunTogether participants operating in more than 2,800 groups.
We want to inspire more athletes and runners of all abilities and backgrounds to fulfil their potential and to have a lifelong love of the sport. It's our vision for athletics to become an inclusive sport where everyone belongs and can flourish. We want every participant involved in our sport, whether they are an athlete, runner, coach, official, leader, volunteer, facility operator, parent or guardian to see and experience first-hand the guiding principles that continue to drive our work – including putting the athlete and runner first, encouraging high standards and ethical success across all aspects of our work, enhancing experiences and working together in partnership not in isolation.
The Club Standards and Compliance Officer is part of the Operations team which is responsible for leading on all information technology development/management and data protection and provides advice and guidance to our affiliated clubs and member bodies. The postholder will support England Athletics, members clubs and bodies in providing a safe, inclusive environment, working in adherence to established Club Standards, policies and procedures. The successful individual will be a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on potential safeguarding, disciplinary, grievance and complaints issues, providing appropriate verbal and written support, guidance and advice to clubs and member bodies around club disputes and grievances, working closely with our Club Support Team. You will work on administrating the investigations, mediation and disciplinary panel processes as appropriate, reporting to the Club Standards & Compliance Manager in carrying out this duty.
We are looking for an individual with excellent administrative skills with evidence of responding to and investigating misconduct and safeguarding investigations and associated case management processes. The individual should have experience working within a safeguarding, disciplinary, grievance or complaint's role and environment where this is a key aspect of work. Working knowledge of the DBS process is advantageous.
Job Title: Club Standards & Compliance Officer Current Job Holder(s): New Role
Location: Home Based
The Operations Department is responsible for leading on all organisational annual strategic and operational planning processes and in establishing/managing the companies' customer facing digital, marketing and communications, IT, insight, research, membership, qualification coordination and performance management platforms, this cross-cutting department is key to fuelling ongoing company intelligence and expertise to inform business decision making and to enhance knowledge and customer delivery. This department also leads on all information technology development/management and data protection and the postholder holds to role of DP officer for the company. The relationship and interface between this team and the other departments is inextricable as a cross cutting customer facing service centre for the business.
This role will also provide significant support to the Clubs and Participation department- responsible for the support we provide to our affiliated clubs and member bodies and the delivery of programmes focused on increasing and sustaining participation.
In this area of the business we will:
- support and develop clubs to be safe, sustainable and welcoming, be the best they can and create vibrant environments for their athletes
- maximise athletics opportunities for young people in schools and communities and enhance their first experiences of the sport to ensure the growth of running in England is sustained and results in the continued growth of the England Athletics and running family.
· To support England Athletics, members clubs and bodies in providing a safe, inclusive environment for all the take part in the sport, working in adherence to established Club Standards, policies and procedures.
· To work with the Club Standards & Compliance Manager and other key stakeholders on investigations, including taking witness statements, conducting interviews and associated case management administration
· To act as a point of contact for the administration of internal and external stakeholders on potential safeguarding, disciplinary, grievance and complaints issues.
· To ensuring the collation of accurate record keeping and information, particularly working closely with the Club Standards & Compliance Manager, Club Support Managers, and EA lead executive responsible for this work but with the UKA safeguarding team too.
· To guide and signpost people to appropriate policies and resources,
· To provide appropriate verbal and written support, guidance and advice to clubs and member bodies around club disputes and grievances, working closely with our Club Support Team and where necessary external partners such as UKA and legal.
· To work on administrating the investigations, mediation and disciplinary panel processes as appropriate, working to the Club Standards & Compliance Manager in carrying out this duty.
Management responsibility for: None
Reports to: Club Standards & Compliance Manager
Budget Responsibility: None
• Responding to, investigating and administering allegations regarding safeguarding, disciplinary, grievance, complaints concerns, and referrals in line with the key duties of the post outlined above.
• Where required, liaising with UKA safeguarding as the lead body for the sport UK wide to agree respective roles and responsibilities as appropriate and in accordance with the established ways of working.
• Managing incoming enquiries from our external stakeholders, offering advice and guidance.
• Work collaboratively with statutory and non-statutory organisations in response to safeguarding, disciplinary, grievance, complains, concerns and referrals as appropriate.
• To manage related paperwork, records, files and information relating to this given area of work specific to EAs roles and responsibilities, ensuring they are kept up to date and accessible/confidential at all times.
• To form strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly the EA Club Support Team, UKA safeguarding and the other HCAFs leads in this area of work.
• Working with the EA lead executive to agree the commissioning of investigations, mediation, arbitration as appropriate and in commissioning panels and individuals to carry out such work.
All employees are expected to maintain high standards of customer care in the context of England Athletics, to uphold the Equality and Diversity Policy and health and safety standards and to participate in training activities necessary to their role.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
· Sufficient educational qualification and/or experience in this given area to demonstrate ability to carry out the role to the required standard.
· Evidence of a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
• Experience as of working in an administration, management, or coordination role in this specific area of work.
• Experience in responding to and investigating misconduct and safeguarding investigations and associated case management processes
• Evidence of successful practical work within a safeguarding, disciplinary, grievance or complaint's role and environment where this is a key aspect of work.
• Ability to undertake an investigation within appropriate timescales.
• Knowledge of DBS (or similar) processes.
• Ability to understand, interpret, assess and analyse a variety of evidence both written and in other forms.
• Ability to record decisions and the reasons behind them.
• Ability to present evidence to case reviews and disciplinary proceedings.
• Ability to identify risk and problem solve to mitigate or reduce risk.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• High level of integrity and trust, with the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Robust and accurate record keeping.
• Competence in the use of IT tools including spreadsheets, databases, email and word processing.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills: the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills,
• Ability to utilise digital systems to communicate such as Zoom, Teams, Click Webinar etc…
• Ability to work under pressure and to adopt a flexible approach to working methods.
• Demonstrable knowledge of athletics and running is preferable but not essential.
• Possess a good knowledge of sport and club governance.
• A demonstrable understanding of volunteer led sport at a community level.
• Ability to promote and demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice.
• Ability to work independently
NB. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity you will be required to work and with consultation can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS – not exhaustive
• Club Standards & Compliance Manager
• Club Support Managers
• Club Resources Manager
• Head of Clubs and Participation
• Heads of Departments
• Member Services Manager
• UKA and HCAFs safeguarding teams
• Member Engagement Officers
We want people in our sport to be inspired and have the ambition to achieve potential at whatever level.
We want people to be respected and treated fairly in our sport that prides itself on transparency.
We want to create opportunities for all so that everyone is made to feel welcome and valued in our sport.
We want people to get excited about our sport, in a safe environment and enjoy it.
Salary range £25,000 per annum
Contractual Status Permanent FULL TIME
Annual Paid Holiday 25 days plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays.
Hours 35 hours per week.
However, the post holder will be required to work such hours as may be necessary for the proper performance of the duties of the role. A flexible approach to work is requires as evening and weekend working will be involved.
Notice period 2 months
· Membership of Company Personal Pension Plan with company contributions currently equivalent to 7% of annual salary.
· Free private medical care with option of covering family members.
· Life Assurance scheme
For further information and to apply for this exciting post, please visit England Athletics website: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
|Closing Date||5:00 PM 17 Sep 2021|