CGE Birmingham 2022 - Digital Content Producer
|Location||Commonwealth Games England|
|Hours of Work||During Games-time, working hours will be as required to fulfil these demands.|
|Salary & Benefits||Digital roles are voluntary. The cost of travel, uniform, accommodation, meals, and associated expenses will be covered by Commonwealth Games England. Accommodation will be twin share and located in either the Athletes Village or a Team Hotel, depending on the role.|
|Closing Date||22 Sep|
To support the delivery of Team England's digital strategy during the home Commonwealth Games at Birmingham 2022 and maximise positive coverage for Team England and its competing athletes across all online platforms.
Digital Content Producers will play an active role in the Team England communications team at Games time. Clear, transparent, and effective communications is a key element of creating the optimal environment for Team England to perform.
The candidate must be a talented, dedicated, and knowledgeable media professional with experience from sporting events and proven skills of working successfully under pressure.
We are looking for candidates with experience in capturing, editing, and publishing engaging online content and a solid understanding of key social media channels. The role holder will need to have a positive attitude, be a creative thinker, strong team player and great people motivator.
· Create, curate, and publish content onto Team England social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
· Produce content to establish Team England channels as the “go to” place for information on Team England including all results and celebrating significant achievements
· Liaise with Multi-Sport Press Officers to generate and publish best in-class content in the immediate run-up to and throughout the Games
· Monitor post engagement, trends, stories and athlete content, and notify any issues to the Head of Digital where appropriate
· Work closely with non-Games based NGB communications staff
· Inform Head of Digital of all potential media issues
· Proactively seek and maximise opportunities to support, empower and elevate the profile of Team England and its athletes online
· Utilise analytics and content reports to maximise content engagement and reach
· Work with the Head of Digital, Chief Press Attaché and Multi-Sport Press Officers to identify content creation opportunities with athletes (Lives, Q&A, photos, etc.)
· Be a team player, working with other digital content producers to ensure key moments are covered seamlessly
· Ensure all content follows Team England's brand, social media and tone of voice guidelines
· Assist with other required duties as needed
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Previous experience of using digital channels to cover a sports event
· Knowledge of major social media channels in particular Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
· Experience of using and applying social media analytics to generate high engagement levels
· A strong and clear communicator
· Interpret and anticipate change and respond quickly and effectively under pressure including during normal and anti-social hours
· A strong understanding of sport in England, the UK and internationally with an understanding of the key aspects of performance sport and multi-sport competition
· Videography skills with shooting and editing short-form content (desirable)
· Photoshop skills (desirable)
· Complete an enhanced DBS check
· Attend a Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop
· Applicants should apply online via - https://teamengland.org/volunteering
· Applications should include a CV and a written or digital cover letter. Further information on this can be found on the above referenced website
· Please also complete our anonymous Equality and Diversity Monitoring Survey when you apply: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZP5THQQ
· Applications close at 9am on 22nd September
· Interviews will take place on 23rd, 30th September and 1st, 4th and 6th October
· Successful candidates will be informed by 11th October
Digital roles are voluntary. The cost of travel, uniform, accommodation, meals, and associated expenses will be covered by Commonwealth Games England. Accommodation will be twin share and located in either the Athletes Village or a Team Hotel, depending on the role.
During Games-time, working hours will be as required to fulfil these demands. The post-holder will be required to work in a flexible manner to accommodate the nature of the role and the environment of a multi-sport event.
Successful applicants must commit to:
· Attending two pre-Games Workshops:
o 16th and 17th November in Birmingham
o 2nd and 3rd March 2022 TBC
· Being available for the duration of the Games Time period which falls between approximately 18 July 2022 and 10 August 2022, depending on the role, and likely based in Birmingham for the duration of this time
· Signing the Team Members agreement, Entry & Eligibility form, and the Team Code of Conduct
· Working within a non-smoking environment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
Commonwealth Games England is proud to be a member of the Sporting Equals Charter, which has been designed to support organisations in the sport and physical activity sector to tackle the ethnicity gap.
This commitment aims to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees. This includes the recruitment, selection, training, work conditions and career management/ promotion of employees. Commonwealth Games England opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status and civil partnership, gender reassignment, religion or belief, and disability and is committed to eliminating discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
|Closing Date||09:00 AM 22 Sep 2021|
|Interview Date||Interviews will take place on 23rd, 30th September and 1st, 4th and 6th October|