British Weight Lifting - Membership and Club Engagement Manager
|Location||Head Office, Leeds|
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||Salary Range: £24,000 - £26,000|
|Closing Date||23 Apr|
About British Weight Lifting
As the UK's recognised Governing Body for weightlifting and para-powerlifting and our role is to inspire a nation of weight lifters and para-powerlifters through exceptional leadership and expertise. We are responsible for the growth and success of weightlifting and para-powerlifting at every level. Our work sees us support a network of weight lifting bodies, clubs and gyms across the UK, as well as the thousands of people actively involved in Olympic and Paralympic weight lifting disciplines. We strive to deliver exceptional training programmes, educational structures and competitions that create opportunities for individuals to participate and excel in our sport.
Main purpose of the Job:
To assist in the development and delivery of a new and more diverse membership package to increase overall membership numbers, in order to meet BWL membership revenue targets.
To improve engagement levels, increase retention rates and increase customer satisfaction with the membership base in order to assist in the successful delivery of the BWL operational plan and BWL strategy and achievement of Sport England targets.
The role is office based with some weekend travel and overnight stays to support the delivery of events.
• Develop and deliver a member content strategy by researching and generating value added content for members to be disseminated through a number of channels, eg member portal, newsletters, webinars etc.
• Ensure good governance levels in all affiliated clubs including areas of safeguarding, anti-doping, mental health, club structure, licensing criteria and provide high level support to clubs where required.
• Increase and improve communication with members through a variety of channels (working closely with the Marketing team).
• Identify and secure new member benefits.
• Develop and support a diverse membership community/network in order to attract and retain a more engaged membership base.
• Build positive relationships with members by creating innovative solutions and enhancing the membership experience by offering exceptional customer service.
• Undertake market research and analyse customer insight in order to ensure the membership package meets market demand and customer need.
• Continuously monitor the effectiveness of plans and track progress against KPIs through thorough evaluation and reporting.
• Maintain a high-level awareness of the industry, market trends, associated organisations, products and services to facilitate the delivery of the BWL strategy.
• Support the wider business with any projects requested.
• Demonstrate commitment and behaviours in line with the BWL values.
The person specification describes the experience, qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities that BWL are looking for.
Essential skills/experience are:
• At least two years' experience developing, engaging and co-ordinating a membership package.
• Understanding of the sport of Olympic Weightlifting
• Strong engagement and networking skills with an ability to build excellent relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Strong time management skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Strong written skills to be able to develop sport specific member content
• Be able to generate and analyse data to develop the membership offering and increase membership numbers
• Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office products
Desirable skills/experience are:
• Experience of working for a national governing body.
• Experience using Adobe Office Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
• Videography and video editing skills
Please download and complete the application form from our website www.britishweightlifting.org and post it to: Sue Ward, British Weight Lifting, 1st Floor Office Suite, St Ann's Mill, Kirkstall Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS5 3AE. Alternatively you can email it to email@example.com