British Equestrian - Independent Non-Executive Directors
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||The role is voluntary with reasonable expenses being reimbursed.|
|Closing Date||12 Mar|
British Equestrian is seeking to appoint two new Independent Non-Executive Directors to the Board and to sit on the Nominations, Remuneration or Audit Committee. Candidates could come from a wide variety of backgrounds with relevant skills to enhance the Board's ability to deliver its vision.
We are specifically looking for individuals with expertise in the following areas:
- Marketing and Communications
- Athlete wellbeing and/or mental health awareness
Applicants should possess the commitment, drive and skills to make a tangible contribution to the strategic direction, long-term success and sustainability of British Equestrian, for the benefit of its members as a whole. Equally important will be influencing and negotiation skills, with the credibility to build trust and nurture strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
The role is voluntary with reasonable expenses being reimbursed. Board meetings are currently held via video conference facilities but once meetings can take place on a face to face basis they will generally be held at the BEF's offices in Kenilworth, Warwickshire.
In line with our Equality and Diversity Policy, we are keen to achieve a diverse Board of Directors and actively seek the benefits of diversity. We would therefore welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
- To promote the highest standards of corporate and sport governance at British Equestrian Board level and throughout British Equestrian
- To make an effective contribution to the role of the Board in accordance with their legal and regulatory duties as a director
- To act as a representative and strong advocate of the work of British Equestrian and its member bodies
- To promote a culture of openness, transparency and respect throughout British Equestrian and its member bodies
- To ensure that British Equestrian acts responsibly, having due regard to its reputation and that, as a national governing body (as defined by UK Sport and the national Sport Councils), the national federation for FEI purposes and as a representative of its members interests it does the right thing in the right way for its members and wider stakeholders, including participants, athletes, owners, employees, volunteers, coaches and customers.
- To ensure that British Equestrian achieves its purposes in accordance with the objects set out in its Articles of Association and holds itself accountable to all its major stakeholders
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the legal and regulatory duties of a director
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the highest standards of corporate and sport governance
- Capacity to take accountability for delivery of agreed policy and targets
- Knowledge of and commitment to the purposes of British Equestrian
- Highly effective influencing and communication skills with the credibility to build trust and nurture strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to promote a culture of integrity, openness and debate
- Recognise and value the contribution of others
- Ability to scrutinise and constructively challenge executive action
- Commitment to being an advocate for the goals and outcomes associated with equality, inclusion and cohesion
- A personable approach to working with individuals
- Ability to develop new partnerships and manage expectations of stakeholders
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, making a tangible contribution to meetings, listening sensitively, considering other points of view and collectively identifying optimum solutions.
- Commitment to training and personal development.
How to apply
If you would like to join the Board and feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please send a comprehensive CV with a covering letter by the closing date of 12 March at 4pm to email@example.com
Further information and details can be found in the Candidate Pack on the website here.