British Cycling - Financial Controller
|Location||National Cycling Centre, Manchester|
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive|
|Closing Date||21 Apr|
Championing a lifelong passion for cycling
Why British Cycling?
British Cycling is one of the world's most successful sports governing bodies. From winning Olympic and Paralympic gold medals to inspiring almost two million people to ride their bikes regularly, we are committed to making cycling the number one sport and activity of choice in Britain.
The unique benefits of working for British Cycling include free gold membership and free access to the velodrome and BMX track.
Financial Controller - British Cycling – Full Time 37.5 hrs per week- permanent opportunity - with remote working available in the short term.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is forward thinking and a strong team player, to join our well established, hardworking and dedicated team at BC. You will be proactive and solutions focussed and have demonstrable ability of working efficiently and at pace when required.
- To support the Finance Director with the development and implementation of the financial plans which are focused on delivering the strategic objectives of British Cycling.
- Work with Finance Director, in the modelling of activity, income and expenditure, in relation to complex business case developments and funding proposals, both internal and external to the organisation. To challenge assumptions with relevant individuals and be responsible for ensuring that financial modelling is robust, accurate and in line with overall organisational objectives, assessing risks and identifying risk mitigating actions as required.
- Developing financial reporting processes to provide the Executive Leadership Team with information required to monitor financial targets set within the organisations strategy
- Be responsible for annual financial budgets, ensuring that they are allocated effectively for the delivery of intended outcomes in a manner which demonstrates value for money
- Lead and manage the performance of the team, creating an environment where people are clear of what is expected of them and have the performance feedback and support that they need to continuously improve.
- Manage relationship with external auditors to facilitate a smooth year end audit process
- Review and update in line with best practice the organisation's internal financial procedures and controls and maintain the Financial Procedures Manual
- Ensure all work streams and projects are compliant with the organisation's equality policy and commitment to inclusivity and its values are embedded into the actions and behaviours of the team.
What you need is:
- CCAB recognised qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA and significant proven post qualification experience in a similar level role.
- Experience of membership organisations or sports governing body and knowledge of government funding.
- Experience of leading a finance team, the Financial Controller will have full accounting responsibility including robust control and delivery of timely financial statutory compliance and management reporting
This is a profession which is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check will be required.
At British Cycling we are striving to become a more diverse and inclusive employer, and we actively encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We believe diversity drives innovation and we are striving to build an inclusive culture at all levels of the organisation, where colleagues can learn, develop and thrive. For more information on British Cycling please visit and to submit an online application please visit .
Benefits: Competitive salary, 25 days holidays, Company pension scheme, Free NCC Parking, Cycle to work scheme, free eye tests, Employee Assistance Programme with shopping perks and access to NCC facilities
Closing Date – 21 April 2021 (however, the application window may be closed prior to this date subject to the volume of applications received).
For the full Job Description and information on how to apply, please visit the website here.