Brentford FC - Equality, Diversity& Inclusion Executive
|Location||Brentford FC, 27 Great West Road|
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive|
|Closing Date||15 Sep|
Brentford Football Club is a Premier League football club based in the London Borough of Hounslow. The Club was founded in 1889 and has been through a period of great change in the past year. Brentford moved to a new, 17,250-seater stadium with outstanding facilities for fans, broadcasters, corporate guests, and the community in the summer of 2020, having previously played at their historic Griffin Park home for 116 years.
At the end of the first season in the new stadium, Brentford won promotion to the Premier League. The Club's first season in the top flight of English football since 1947 will start in August 2021. Promotion and a move to a new stadium are parts of a longer-term vision that aims to see Brentford FC sustain top level football on the field and ensure that the Club is sustainably run off the field.
Situated next to the M4, the new Brentford Stadium is at the centre of the Brentford East redevelopment scheme, which includes the construction of more than 900 new homes, a new purpose-built location for Brentford FC Community Sports Trust, and a public square with shops and cafés. Brentford FC plays a very active role in its local community.
The Club is a four-time winner of the EFL Community Club of the Year Award and is the only professional football club in the UK with a Business in the Community and Community Mark Award. In total, Brentford FC Community Sports Trust delivers more than £13 million of social benefit to the West London area.
The Role of the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Executive
This is a new role to the Club and will be responsible for the delivery of significant parts of the Club's new Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion strategy (EDI). EDI is a priority area for the Club who are trying to embed inclusion into everything we do. You will support the Head of EDI with a variety of EDI initiatives across all departments of the Club, both advising, delivering, and implementing these initiatives to ensure the maintenance of an equal, diverse and inclusive environment. Therefore, a good understanding of EDI principles, law and regulations is important and experience of working in EDI or a proven understanding of it would be beneficial for this role.
The Club has a varied three-year EDI plan, both on and off field, which will form the basis of your work program. You will play a key role in meeting the aims and objectives of our EDI strategy and therefore this role will provide significant learning opportunities for the right candidate in this area.
· To support the Head of EDI to deliver the activities in the Club EDI strategy
· To maintain and update an evidence portfolio for the Premier League Equality Standard
· To be an external point of contact on behalf of Brentford FC, and a point of contact for internal staff, around EDI matters and queries
· To maintain the EDI dashboard which tracks the Club's EDI strategy
· To process invoices and other administration pertaining to club EDI activities
· To support the operations and fan engagement team around fan and EDI activity on home matchdays at the stadium
General Club Accountabilities
· To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies and with specific reference to the data regulations (GDPR and PECR)
· To ensure compliance with all Club and regulatory requirements related to safeguarding, and to ensure the Club's safeguarding processes are followed in the event of any safeguarding concerns.
· To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
· To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Brentford FC
· To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Club and its personnel
· To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
Key Internal Relationships
· Head of EDI
· Head of Operations
· Fan engagement Director
· Community and Safeguarding Manager
Person Specification - Essential Personal Characteristics
· An understanding of EDI principles and legislation
· Practical experience of EDI work in some form
· A personal belief and commitment towards inclusion
Person Specification - Desirable Characteristics
· Working experience in EDI
· Practical experience of EDI initiatives in sport
· A formal EDI qualification
· A personal involvement in and understanding of EDI
· A proven understanding or experience of professional or grassroots football
· Experience working in diverse community sport
Submit your cv and cover letter to the link below:
To Apply PLEASE CLICK HERE
Please ensure you attach your documents to the application, any submissions without documents will not be considered.